ESTIMATOR / MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
- Person will collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials and labor required to manufacture precision aerospace / Medical/Commercial parts.
- The estimator will use customer specifications to achieve accurate cost estimates for part production. Detailed knowledge of precision Manufacturing tolerances is required.
- Attention to detail and requirements is needed as well as the ability to develop a healthy relationship with customers and vendors.
- Knowledge of CNC Milling, Turning, Heat treating, Aerospace Coatings Processes a Must.
- Must have an extensive Knowledge of Materials.
- Estimator is responsible for creating accurate cycle time estimates and manufacturing process planning.
- Must be able to work effectively with a team and possess good verbal and writing skills for creating and/or updating customer quotations.
- Must understand the company’s strategic plan and values and uphold on a daily basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilize Company’s ERP System for quotation requests.
- Work with customers and vendors in meeting requests and deadlines
- Assist sales managing quotes and communicate regularly and effectively to meet customer requests and achieve positive outcomes for both the company and customer.
- Identify and quantify all material and labor requirements for production.
- Analyze CAD drawings or other electronic mediums.
- Work with production floor personnel on any production issues or requirements
- Work with vendors to achieve accurate materials pricing and lead times. Work with tooling vendors on tooling needed for production
- Submit accurate and timely quotes to the customer.
- Follow up with customers on regular basis.
- Work with Production Manager /Engineering on the set up of new parts for the production floor
- Submit innovative ideas for production when applicable to exceed customer expectations (ie. splitting tooling cost, kanban inventory etc.)
- Issue approved purchase orders , manage and monitor all process throughout part process.
- Working knowledge of CNC manufacturing processes and procedures. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with math and reading of complex instructions required.
- Comfortable working in a shop/manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills including excel, word and other widely used programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all levels of organizations.
- Ability to read blue prints, specifications and apply in practice. Understanding of tolerances.
- Solid understanding of AS9100 Policies and Procedures.
- 5 years' experience in estimating in an aerospace environment 5 Years of Hands On Manufacturing.
- Position reports to the COO.
- Ideal person will come from a company that quotes for aerospace and is AS9100 certification.
Camtech promotes long term employee satisfaction and growth, and offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes:
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- A competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, Life, 401k with company match).
- Paid time off
- Stable teams based organization in a growing company.